Our Goal :
“Corporation de développement communautaire de Côte-des-Neiges’’ aims to bring together local community organizations and to promote solidarity and collaboration among them, with a view to improving the quality of life and living conditions in the neighbourhood, and fighting poverty, discrimination and all forms of exclusion.
Our Objectives :
- Facilitate the flow of information, complementarity, mutual aid and collaboration among member organizations;
- Within its means, act as a resource for organizations that express a need, for example regarding structure, democratic functioning, or attaining funding
In the neighbourhood
- Initiate or support initiatives in the community to improve the social and/ or economic conditions of neighbourhood residents;
- Initiate or support initiatives aiming at bringing together different cultural communities and to contribute to the fight against all forms of discrimination, exclusion and marginalization.
Beyond the neighbourhood
- Defend the interests of the community and act as spokesperson for its members in dealing with various governmental, public or private bodies;
- Maintain links with organizations pursuing similar goals, in order to strengthen the work of the CDC and its members, and to maximize the impact of their interventions.
At their Congress held in November 2010, CDC members adopted the following priorities:
- Fighting poverty and social exclusion
- Children in CDN
- “Saveurs du Monde à Côte-des-Neiges”
Three overarching themes will be integrated into these priorities:
- Women’s issues